Full Moon Walk in Cappadocia; Did you know that you can also walk in the moonlight in Cappadocia as well as take a balloon ride? Cappadocia is a uniquely beautiful place where you can walk in the moonlight, but this aspect of Cappadocia is little known. That’s why I aimed for this article to be a guide for our readers who want or may want to take a full moon walk in the Cappadocia region.
There are many valleys in the Cappadocia region and you can create many routes where you can walk the full moon. But the route for Full Moon Walk in Cappadocia, i would recommend to you “Çavuşin – Güllüdere – Red Valley” route. The round-trip length of this route, which is of medium difficulty, is approximately 8 km.
You may be interested: Where to Watch Hot Air Balloons in Cappadocia?
Suggestions for Preparation Before the Full Moon Walk in Cappadocia
- Full Moon Walk in Cappadocia; Plan for a day when the full moon is most prominent and the weather is clear.
- You can follow the route via Wikiloc or download the route to your phone and benefit from different applications that support files in gpx format.
- Make sure you have a head lamp or flashlight with you.
- Set 2-3 hours before sunset as the starting time for the walk. These hours are ideal for beginners.
- Cappadocia is cool in all seasons (especially in the evenings), so take something with long sleeves. Be sure to take drinking water with you.
Note: Click for German dream interpretations
Cappadocia is a uniquely beautiful place where you can walk in the moonlight, but this aspect of Cappadocia is little known. That’s why I aimed for this article to be a guide for our readers who want or may want to take a full moon walk in the Cappadocia region.
Activity Suggestions for the Full Moon Walk in Cappadocia
- Full Moon Walk in Cappadocia; I especially recommend you to use the same route for departure and arrival during the walk. In this way, you can both recognize the route during the day and make a day-night comparison of the route.
- The asphalt ends in Çavuşin, approximately 200 – 300 meters from the starting point of the route. Don’t be afraid, keep going. At the starting point, there is a wide flat where you can park your car. Also, your car will be relatively safe as there are people at the horse farm there.
- Do not forget to visit the “Crossed Church” and “Pillar Church” on the route. Be sure to taste the orange juice in the cafeteria at the Crusader Church. But the prices can be a little high.
- When you reach the end of the route, a magnificent sunset view will be waiting for you in the Kızılçukur Valley. As soon as the sun goes down, don’t go on the way back immediately. Wait and have a nice time enjoying the wonderful view. Drink tea or coffee at nearby cafeterias. When the full moon begins to rise, take the return path.
- I mentioned in the previous article, but visit the “Church with the Cross” and the “Pillar Church” at night. In fact, if you only have one chance, visit these churches at night only at the time of return.
- Do not turn on your lamp or lantern too much unless it is necessary and enjoy walking in the moonlight.
- You may hear dogs barking towards the end of the way back, don’t be afraid. They are the dogs of the horse farm in the ciavr and they are tied. Also, if you walk on the weekend when there is a full moon in the summer, there will be a lot of people in the valley. Therefore, do not be afraid at all.
- You can use your phone for almost the entire route. You can take great pictures at night with your mobile phone or professional camera.