Table of Contents
- Where to Take Cappadocia Horse Tour?
- Cappadocia Horse Tour Options
- Things You Should Know Before Taking a Cappadocia Horse Tour
- Cappadocia Horse Tour Prices
- Who can join the Cappadocia Horse Tour?
Horse Riding in Cappadocia; The unique landscapes of Cappadocia, which has magnificent beauties, have a different beauty at sunrise and sunset hours. Although there are many activities you can do in the region at this time of the day, visiting the region with a horse tour will give you a very different experience. With the horse tour you will take in Cappadocia, you can enjoy the valleys of Cappadocia and feel the unique beauty of the region closely.
It is possible to encounter many wonderful horses during your trip in Cappadocia, which was formed by the lava and ashes erupted by Erciyes, Hasandağı and Güllüdağ 60 million years ago. You can hear the sound of horseshoes while doing a walking tour, ATV tour, balloon tour or region tour in the valley and you can meet the “Yılki Horses” unique to Cappadocia. The horse tour, which should be on your “to do list” when you come to Cappadocia, is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful attractions to do in Cappadocia.
In this article, we will be giving you various information about horse riding in Cappadocia.
You may be interested: Cappadocia ATV Tour
Where to Take Cappadocia Horse Tour?
Horse Riding in Cappadocia; Cappadocia horse tour usually starts from the farm of the company you bought the tour from and ends at the same farm. The routes you can travel with the horse tour vary according to the tour package you purchased (the duration of the tour and the location of the company from which you bought the tour). Howewer, you have the chance to see the famous valleys of Cappadocia (such as Love Valley, Red Valley, Kızılçukur, Zemi and Güvercinlik Valley, Ihlara Valley) during the horse tour. Along with the valleys, you can visit fairy chimneys and historical churches with horse tours.
Horse Riding in Cappadocia; In general, the Goreme horse tour and the Ürgüp horse tour are preferred by the tourists. An example tour route might look like this:
- Rose Valley
- The Crusader Church
- Mast Church (Column)
- Goreme Historical National Park
- Red Valley
- Kızılçukur Observation Terrace and Hill
- Anna Johachim Church
Cappadocia Horse Tour Options
Horse Riding in Cappadocia; You have different options for horse riding in Cappadocia. You can choose the most suitable one for you according to your schedule and you can enjoy touring Cappadocia by horse.
Sunset Horse Riding Tour
Horse Riding in Cappadocia; With the Cappadocia sunset horse tour, you can experience the wonderful atmosphere that paints Cappadocia red on a horse. During this tour, you can take great photos and it is a wonderful tour program that starts from the unforgettable town of Göreme and covers Kılıç Valley, Kizlar Monastery, Rose Valley, Çavuşin Village, Love Valley, respectively. At each point, you can ask the guides accompanying you to take your photos. You can also make one-day agreements with photographers in Cappadocia and ask them to take your photos during the tour.
1 Hour Horse Riding Tour
Horse Riding in Cappadocia; During the 1-hour tour you will take among the unique valleys of Cappadocia, the guides will be with you and will help you. The guides are very experienced, friendly and professional people who understand your fears and concerns very well. The guides also know very well the most beautiful and unique sights of the region. For this reason, you can get tips on places to take photos from them.
Although there are many activities you can do in the region at this time of the day, visiting the region with a horse tour will give you a very different experience. With the horse tour you will take in Cappadocia, you can enjoy the valleys of Cappadocia and feel the unique beauty of the region closely.
Sunrise Horse Riding Tour
Horse Riding in Cappadocia; Undoubtedly, the best option to do the two best activities in Cappadocia (watching the balloons in the morning and taking a horse ride) together is the horse ride at sunrise. If you want to experience two beauties at the same time, then the horse riding tour at sunrise will be exactly what you want. During this tour, you can take pictures of the colorful balloons flying in the sky behind you and take beautiful pictures on the horse.
Horse Riding Tour to Take Personalized Photographs
Horse Riding in Cappadocia; The horses you choose are specially decorated for you in the personalized photo horse tours. After the horse decoration process is finished, experienced guides take you to the best spots to take pictures. If you wish, you can have your own photographers take your pictures or have your guides who are experienced in taking pictures take your pictures.
Other Tour Options
Horse Riding in Cappadocia; Apart from the options mentioned above, there are different options such as “2 hour horse riding tour”, “4 hour horse riding tour”, “6 hour horse riding tour”. Before deciding on your tour, we recommend that you determine the most suitable tour for your schedule and location, and talk to tour companies about tours and get detailed information.
Things You Should Know Before Taking a Cappadocia Horse Tour
- Before the Cappadocia horse tour, your guide will ask you “Have you ridden a horse before?” question will be asked. You must answer this correctly. Because the horse you will ride on the tour is chosen according to your experience.
- When you get on the horse, your guide will give you a short training on how to control the horse. Although it is very difficult to do this at first, you will soon get used to it.
- There is a hierarchy system among the horses participating in the tour. If you are in the 3rd place when you start the round, do not try to go to the 2nd place. If you do this, the horses may experience restlessness.
- Never take off your helmet during the Cappadocia horse tour.
- Be sure to listen to your guides and their warnings.
- Make sure you have a phone or camera that takes good pictures with you during the tour. Since the guides are now experts at taking photos, you can have them take lots of photos.
- If your horse gets cranky, stay calm and report the situation to your guide immediately. Your guide will calm your horse.
- After spending a certain amount of time on the horse, you will begin to release your tension. But take absolute precaution and follow the rules. In particular, avoid dangerous movements such as changing positions on a horse.
Cappadocia Horse Tour Prices
Horse Riding in Cappadocia; Cappadocia horse tour prices vary according to the tour program you attend. Horse tour prices start from 250 TL (12 €) and can go up to 1250 TL (60 €) depending on the content of the tour. Below you can see the approximate tour prices and the services included in the price. But it’s good to be reminded. Tour prices vary according to the company, region and duration.
1 Hour Tour: 250 TL per person (may include transfer fee)
2 Hour Tour: 350 TL per person (may include transfer fee)
4 Hour Tour: 1000 TL per person (may include transfer fee)
2 Hour Sunset Cappadocia Horse Tour: 350 TL per person (may include transfer fee)
Sunrise Cappadocia Horse Tour: 550 TL per person, (may include transfer fee)
Services generally included in the tour:
- Helmet and protective equipment
- Pick-up and drop-off from your hotel
- Tea Service
Note: Click for German dream interpretations
Who can join the Cappadocia Horse Tour?
Horse Riding in Cappadocia; In order to participate in horse tours in Cappadocia, you must meet the following conditions:
- 12+ years old
- No serious health problems
- Compatible with group activities
- Keeping the calm without panicking on the horse
In summary; Anyone over the age of 12 who will not turn their excitement into stress and risk their own health can participate in this tour.